Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Favorite Veggie Dip

I've been obsessed with tahini lately. I drown my falafel sandwich with it, I add a ton extra to these amazing veggie burgers, and I make a tahini dip for veggies at least once a week. I can't get enough of it.


Tahini Veggie Dip Ingredients
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup water
1 small clove garlic, pressed or chopped finely
large pinch salt

Instructions: Whisk everything together, and serve with your favorite veggies! See how easy that was?

You also might have noticed the ratios between the lemon juice, water, and tahini - 1 part lemon juice, 1 part water, 2 parts tahini. This makes it easy to double, triple, half, etc the recipe. I usually make the equivalent to whatever 2 lemons juices to. Tonight it was 1/3 cup lemon juice, so I then added 1/3 cup water, 2/3 cup tahini, a medium sized clove of garlic, and a few pinches of salt. I also make the dip in my 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup, eliminating the use of other measuring cups (and therefore I have fewer dishes to do later).

The same basic recipe can also be used as a dressing for salad. I thin it out though with more water, so that it can better coat my salad greens. The thickness of the dip/dressing is so easy to control - just add water.

No comments:

Post a Comment